Published on : Saturday, February 20, 2021
The Saudi Tourism Authority (STA) recently held ‘Journeys in Arabia’, a special online event curated particularly for Travel Trade Partners around the globe. The travel offerings provided by Saudi were highlighted with the help of this event.
The global travel industry is going through its most profound change. With the evolving of landscape, it is important than ever to inspire, engage and educate travel trade when the world safely re-opens and travel restarts.
Saudi Arabia is a relatively new destination on the global stage. As the authentic home of Arabia, Saudi offers unique, diverse and incomparable experiences, a land rich in natural assets, culture, heritage and adventure.
The virtual engagement series, taking place across six markets around the world, is a unique initiative for STA, providing inspiration and excitement, designed to inform partners about the diverse products and experiences that Arabia offers.
Fahd Hamidaddin, CEO, Saudi Tourism Authority initiated the event with his welcome address.
- India has been identified as one of the key source markets, with STA’s tourism strategy focusing on promoting experiences related to culture, heritage, nature and adventure in Saudi.
- Indians, especially the online consumers and millennials, are late planners; they are seeking new destinations frequently, within close proximity to India for last-minute holiday planning. Shorter-duration packages, direct flights and easy visa (preferably e-visas) procurement will be game-changers for a new destination like Saudi.
- Saudi offers extraordinary experiences for diving, adventure sports, and sustainable tourism. The country will also host the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix in 2021.
- The high-end Umrah market from India is a major captive audience, combining pilgrimage with leisure through post-Umrah leisure packages.
- Promoting exclusive destinations like AlUla for wedding tourism will be a huge benefit for Saudi.
Tags: Saudi Tourism Authority